What is the best way to get from the Budapest airport to the city center?
What is the quickest and most inexpensive option for you?
How long does it take, and how much will it cost?
I am here to guide and help you and answer all of the questions! Let’s Go!
First of all, the city center of Budapest is Deák Ferenc tér (square), which is the major traffic junction in Budapest, the main three metro lines -M1,M2,M3- cross Deák tér stop in the heart of Pest. (check the subway map here)
1. Best way and low-priced journey: 100E Airport Bus
The best way from the airport to the downtown is by bus called 100E Bus.
This bus is a special direct „shuttle” bus to the city center.Why is it special? Special badge means the bus only stops 3 times, which is very unique in Budapest.
- 100E bus departs every 20 minutes from the airport between 05:00AM to 01:20AM.
- Journey takes 40-50 minutes.
- Airport ticket costs 900HUF/person (around 3EUR)
This bus can only be used with airport shuttle bus single ticket. Where can You buy one?
- You can buy the special fare bus ticket at the bus from the driver or
- From ticket vending machine at the airport.
- Please check this page, which helps you how to use public transport tickets.
Ticket vending machine at the airport:
You need to wait here to catch a bus:
Just a small notice you should know when you pick this 100E bus, nowdays it is very crowded and sometimes is not comfortable to travel with.
Important notice! Please always validate your ticket right after the boarding!
2. Best way and best cost journey: 200E Bus+M3 metro
The 200E bus travels between the Budapest airport Terminal 2 and Kőbánya-Kispest metro terminal.
- 200E bus leaves every 10 minutes between 4:00AM to 11:00PM.
- Journey takes 60-70 minutes.
- Transfer ticket costs 530HUF/person (around 1,5EUR)
Travel with the 200E bus from the airport to the final station (Kőbánya-Kispest). When you arrive to the station take a metro M3 towards Újpest Központ to reach the city with metro line M3. Entire journey covered by basic 530HUF transfer ticket, allow about an hour or hour+ total from the trip to the city center.
Kőbánya-Kispest metro terminal:
Metro line M3 towards to Budapest downtown.
3. Best way and medium-price journey: Airport shuttle minibus
Minibus service is less expensive option than taking a taxi.You can book online: Check this link
- Journey takes 30-60 minutes.
- Fare price strats from 10 EUR.
4. Best way and higher price journey:Taxi
Official partner and licensed contractor of the Budapest airport is Főtaxi.
The fastest door-to-door option is of course to taking a taxi.
- You can always find taxi drivers around the arrivals gate.If you are unlucky you can order one at the taxi service shop.
- Journey takes 30-40 minutes.
- One ride costs 8.000-12.000 HUF. (around 25-40EUR)
- Only use official taxis with the company logo and fares displayed on the side of the taxi.
When you arrive to the Budapest airport and looking for a taxi